Welcome!

My friend and I are glad you are here! Like a picture says: If your on this then I love you! Feel free to post comments as much as you want!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Mystery of the Stolen Key Part Five

Chapter Eight First Mystery
It was 5:3o and everyone was there.
"Roll call." said Lewis. "Easter?"
"Here!"
"Drake?"
"Here!"
"Madeline?"
"Here!"
"Joy?"
"Here!"
"Ava?"
"You know where I am!"
"Reina?"
"Uh... Lewis?" I said.
"I know she's a associate member. I was checking if she forgot." Lewis said.
"Oh."
"The meeting will come to order! Drake, how much money?"
"One dollar from you Lewis. And Easter should turn in her dollar." said Drake.
"Oh right." I said.
I got a dollar from my bank and put it in the money box.
"Make that two dollars." Drake said.
Everyone laughed.
The phone rang.
"Hello this is the mystery club. You call, we solve."
"Hi! This is the shop owner. The one you dropped fliers at?"
"Oh, hi." I said. "Your mystery?"
"One of my books have been stolen! The Stolen Key." said the shop owner.
"Name please."
"Mr. David Roosevelt. But call me David."
"Well David. I know this is stupid to ask but I have too. Address?"
"4012."
"Shop name?"
"Looking for a Book?"
"How much time do we have?"
"As much time as you need."
"Any breaks?"
"Any time you need it."
"How many people? We go up to four today."
"I'll take four then. I need the mystery done as soon as possible."
"When do we start?"
"Tomorrow. 4:00 P.M."
"Let me call you back."
"Ok."
I hung up.
"So? Information about our new client?" Lewis asked.
His mystery is that his book The Stolen Key has been stolen. His name is Mr. David Roosevelt but he wants us to call him David. His address is 4012. His shops name is Looking for a book? And it doesn't matter how much time. We can have breaks whenever. He needs four people. We're starting tomorrow, 4:00 P.M." I explained.
"Ok." said Lewis. "I only got one rule. We're only taking breaks for school, meetings, and sleep. That's it."
"Ok, who wants the job?" I asked. "Madeline, who's free?"
"Uh... Lets see. Reina got English lessons. 5:30 to 5:4o. Uh... Lewis, basketball. I am going ice skating. The only people free are Easter, Drake, Joy, and Ava."
"Ok. I'll call David back." I said. "Hello, David?"
"Yeah?" he said.
"Your sleuths are me, Drake, Joy, and Ava. Ages eight, eight, nine, and four."
"Ok then."
"Bye!"
I hung up. Now thing are getting exciting.
Chapter Nine Mall Time
I met up with Joy, and Drake at the mall.
"Where's Ava?" I asked.
"We called her." said Drake.
"She's stuck in traffic." said Joy.
"Traffic? On the sidewalk?" I asked.
"No!" said Drake.
"Her mom's driving her." said Joy.
I heard a car come and park outside of the store. Ava came out of the car.
"Thank you mommy!" called Ava to her mother when she reached us.
She waved.
"Ok." said Ava. "I'm ready."
We went in. There was David waiting for us.
"Hello. Please introduce yourselves." said David.
"We're part of the mystery club. I'm Easter."
"I'm Joy."
"I'm Drake."
"I'm Ava! Hi!"
We each did a shake with David except for Ava.
"We would like to start out by looking around the store." I said. "By the way, where are the books?"
"There's a door to each selection." said David. "The Stolen Key is well was in the mystery selection. In the Ss."
We looked for the door to the mystery books. We found a door that said, MYSTERY BOOK A-Z. We went in.
"Is that a-z mysteries? I love those!" said Joy.
We traveled farther.
"Sherlock Homes!" said Drake.
"We're in the Ss guys. Look for the lable The Stolen Key under where you would find books." I said.
"Ava can't read." said Drake.
"I know so that's why I'm making Joy and Ava be partners." I said.
"I don't want to be partnered with a four year old!" said Joy.
"Don't make me tell President Lewis!" I said. "He made me in charge."
"Fine!" said Joy.
"Not much of a joy isn't she?" I heard Drake whisper.
Apparently Joy heard.
"Hey! You take that back!" said Joy.
"I'm not taking it back!" said Drake.
"Hey!" I had to say. "We're not kids guys! We're sleuths! Now Joy..."
I heard a scream.
"Where's Ava?" I said frantically.
We looked around and then we screamed too.
"Don't get distracted." I said. "I found the label. Drake go get David and ask him for something I can see through. Ask for a telescope. I don't care!"
Drake ran off and came back with a telescope. One you could hold. I looked through it. I saw fingerprints. Lots of them!
"Guys! Fingerprints!" I said.
"Oh my gosh!" Joy and Drake said at the same time.
"It's 5:30!" I said. "We're going to be late!"
We ran off.
What happened to Ava? What is Lewis going to say? Tune in next time to find out!

2 comments: