Welcome!

My friend and I are glad you are here! Like a picture says: If your on this then I love you! Feel free to post comments as much as you want!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Mystery of the Stolen Key Part Two

Chapter Two How many mysteries?

It was time for lunch at school then we go home. I sat down with Drake at our usual table.

"Did you read the newspaper?" Drake asked.

"Why?" I asked. Then Reina came up.

"Hola!" she said shyly.

"What does that mean?" Drake asked.

"It means hello." I told him. "Hola!"

"Can I sit with you?" she asked.

"Sure you can!" I said.

"Gracious!" she said.

"De nada." I said. "You speak espanol?"

"I am espanol. I came from Spain. Luckily I know some English words."

"So your name is like a espanol name?"

"Si!"

"Cool!" I told Drake what we meant and what we were talking about.

"Anyway. Easter, in the newspaper there is a hundred mysteries! Maybe a thousand!" Drake said.

"That many books?" I asked.

"That's a lot." added Reina.

"No not books real mysteries!" said Drake.

"I love mysteries! They are amazing!" said Reina.

"I know what you mean! I get them right every time!" I said. "Hey I know! I could become a sleuth!"

"You? A sleuth? I've always wanted to be uno! May I be a sleuth too?" Reina asked.

"Hey I want to be a sleuth too!" Drake said.

"We can all be sleuths!" I said.

"Gracious!" said Reina.

"De nada!" I said back.

I have a feeling me and Reina are going to be real good friends. Maybe Drake will be her friend. Well, if he learn spanish or should I say Espanol.

Chapter Three I tell cousins about sleuthing

Dear Madeline and Joy. I'm coming over to your house because Lewis won't let me in his room and who would want to play with a boring mom! Well sometimes boring. But not all the time. And also because I want to tell you something that I don't want mom or mean Lewis to know. That's kept secret between me, Drake, Reina, (the new girl) and you guys. I'm trusting you guys. Don't show this to your mother (my aunt). Sincerely yours, Easter
I looked at my note. Then I headed to Madelina and Joy's house. Drake lives to the left of me and my cousins the right. I busted in the huse and Madeline and Joy came running.
"It's alright mom!" called Madeline.
"It's just Easter mom!" yelled Joy.
"Hi!" said Madeline.
"What are you doing here Easter?" asked Joy.
I handed them the note and they read it.
"Come on inside!" said Madeline.
"Your always welcome here!" said Joy.
"Joy you play with her while I write a note."
"How 'bout we both do it?"
"Ok!"
When they came bak they held a note. I read it. It went like this:
Hi. We read your note very well. Right Joy? Right! So what do you want to tell us? But right it on paper. Because mom can hear stuff from like a mile! Right Madeline? Right. Like one time she saw a horse and we saw none near. Then we drove for an hour and we saw a horse! Yeah that was so funny! Remember dad's face? Yeah! Ha! So funny! You should of seen it! It was hilarious! Ha, ha, ha! Well write back soon.
"Ok follow me!" I said.
They followed me to their room.
I started writing a note. It went like this:
Ok! This is it! Me, Drake, and Reina, are sleuths. If you want to be sleuths. You may but don't tell anyone. Ok? Ok. Got it? Got it. Sincerely yours Easter
I gave the note to them and they read with wide eyes. They nodded yes to my question.
"Great! But don't tell no one." I said.
"Tell no one what?" we heard a voice say.
We turned around. There was Ava with twin bears in her hand. She lives on the other side of Madeline and Joy's house.
"Ava what are you doing here?" I said.
"To return Madeline and Joy their twin bears." said Ava.
She gave the bears back and started to shed tears.
"Don't cry Ava you can have the twin bears." said Madeline quickly.
She handed Ava the bears.
"Thank you." said Ava. "Now seriously tell no one what?"
"Fine but don't tell!" I said.
Then my aunt came in.
"I'm going to the store! I'll be back soon!" said my aunt.
Then she raced out the door.
"Perfect timing!" said Madeline.
Joy giggled.
"Ok. Me, Drake, and a new girl Reina, Madeline, and Joy are sleuths." I said.
"Like people who solve mysteries? My mom reads me mysteries all the time!" Ava yelled. "Is it ok if I come with you on every mystery?" she asked.
"No." I said.
"Oh goody! Yay! I get to see everything you do and it's going to be so much fun!" Ava said, jumping up and down.
Then she ran back to her house. And that's when it happens.
What happens? Who knows? Come again next week and find out! (this article is by Eastin)

1 comment: