Welcome!

My friend and I are glad you are here! Like a picture says: If your on this then I love you! Feel free to post comments as much as you want!

Monday, April 5, 2010

The Mystery of the Stolen Secret Files Part 4


Chapter six the mystery
Chit chat all around then I picked up the hammer (toy of course) and banged it so it would squeak. Everyone fell silent.
“Ok, roll call! Easter?” I said.
“Here!”
“Madeline?”
“Here!”
“Joy?”
“Here!”
“Ava?”
“I know I’m small but you can still see me?”
“Reina?”
Silence.
“Ok, so we have everyone! Easter, the money?” I said.
“Oh, right!” Easter said. “Two dollars and Ava owes us one.”
Ava gives her dollar and everyone stares.
“What? My mom gave me it!” she said, defending herself.
“Let’s wait for calls!” I said.
A few moments then the phone rang. I answered it.
“Hello this is the mystery club. You call, we solve!”
“Hi, this is the clothing store manager!” said the caller.
“Your mystery?”
“Well, some secret files have been stolen!”
“Name please.”
“ Mrs. Linda Stewart.” said Linda.
“Address?”
“I’m in the mall.”
“Shop Name?”
“Freedom.”
“How much time do you need?”
“Any amount is fine with me!”
“Any breaks?”
“Take them when you need them!”
“How many people? We go up to four.”
“Only three.”
“When do we start?”
“Tomorrow at one o’ clock.”
“We will call you back shortly.”
“Ok!”
Then I hung up. Then I started the information about the mystery right away.
“Her mystery her secret files have been stolen. Her name is Mrs. Linda Stewart. Her address she is in the mall. Her shop name is Freedom…”
I was interrupted by all the girls high-pitched screams.
“Ok, ow!” said Drake, kind of teasing.
“Anyways,” I said covering my ears. “Any amount of time, yes, breaks anytime, Three people tomorrow at on’o’clock. Any questions?”
Silence.
“Alright. Madeline?”
Madeline gets the book.
“Let’s see. Easter has basketball, Drake, where can I start? Joy, she’s going to VBS. Ava, her mom says she has a dentist appointment but I think she’ afraid of what happened last time. So it’s going to be Lewis, me, and Reina. Yes!” Madeline yelled.
“Come on! Stupid basketball!” murmured Easter, folding her arms.
“What’s the big deal about this freak store?”
“Freedom!” exclaimed Joy.
“And it’s like the most awesome clothes store of all times!” exclaimed Easter. “But it’s a girl thing. It’s theme color is red. The color of freedom! And my second favorite color.”
“What’s your first?” asked Ava.
“Pink!” said everyone in the room.
“Wow, I’m known!” exclaimed Easter.

Chapter seven the start of the mission
I was waiting for Madeline and Reina. I still can’t get used to saying that name. I didn’t even ask her to join. Easter did.
“Hola!” I heard a voice say.
I looked around and saw Reina getting out of the car.
“Hey!” I said.
“Oh my gosh! Madeline is so crazy about this store we’re going to. What is it called?”
“Freedom.”
Madeline walked up in sunglasses in a cool red T-shirt with jeans. She looked so different. She doesn’t usually dress like that.
“Uh, Madeline?” I started.
“Like it? It’s my awesome Freedom outfit. Guess where I got it?” she asked.
“Gee. I don’t know. Freedom?” I said sarcastically.
“Whatever!” said Madeline. “Let’s just go!”
We went inside. Well, me and Reina did. Madeline ran to the store like lightning. Me and Reina didn’t get it. Well, not until we went in. Red walls, red shirts, other colors of shirts with red writing, red jeans and red soft pants.
“I’m guessing the theme is re?” I said.
Then all the sudden Reina screamed. I covered my eardrums.
“What was that?” I asked.
Reina ran over to one of the shirts.
“Look at these marvelous clothes!” Reina exclaimed.
I sighed. Jut like girls . All the sudden a woman came out.
“Hi you must be Linda Stewart the girl who called our mystery club…”
I was interrupted by two high-pitched screams.
“Ok you guys have got to stop doing that!”
“Yes I am Linda Stewart,” said Linda. “You must be the kids.”
She looked us over obviously surprised.
“Something wrong?”
“Well first of all I think well I didn’t expect a boy in Freedom and second the girls keep on screaming.”\
“I know and it’s driving me crazy!” I looked at the girls.
They slumped.
“Mm,” said Linda slowly. “Let’s get down to business.”
The girls grabbed on to each others arms. I bet that was their way of trying to keep quiet for the ‘all so amazing’ Linda Stewart!
“Right. Lets.” I said.
Now the girls were biting their lips. I sighed. This is going to be a long day!
“Go ahead!” I said plugging my ears.
As I suspected the girls screamed.
“Anyways,” continued Linda. “As I said before the secret files the key to making our clothes have been stolen. It contains every little detail about making clothes. It is nor going to be good I can tell you that!”
“Would you mind showing us where the files were located?” I asked.
“Why sure!”
Linda led us to a wall.
“Here?” I exclaimed.
“That’s why I don’t know how they or he or she got in,” she sighed. “Just a moment!”
Linda went to her desk and came back with a some sort of remote that’s not for a TV. She clicked a button. The wall pushed to the side. Revealing a picture. She took off the picture and behind that was a hidden like something that looks like a security thing. She pressed a million buttons and when she was done the wall opened again and another wall and another wall until it reached a room. She pushed another button on the remote. A light turned on. Right on cue me, Reina, and Madeline said,
“Whoa!”
“Come on,” Linda gestured.
We all went in.
“Observe!” Linda said efficiently
She pressed a button on the remote. A cabinet opened with nothing in it except a case that was unscrewed labeled red shirts.
“This is the file for the red shirts, cabinet was locked, bolted, and the case was screwed but unluckily somebody was smart to break through and if you’d like to…” she drifted off.
She pressed three buttons and three more cabinets opened with the some cases only different labels.
“You can look at these. Examine closely,” she said.
We spent the rest of the time looking at the cases. We never figured it out. Oh well. Maybe next time we will.

3 comments:

  1. You have a real knack for writing dialogue. I can hear their voices just like they were speaking to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great story!! I wish many of the people I know could write that well as grown ups!

    ReplyDelete