Welcome!

My friend and I are glad you are here! Like a picture says: If your on this then I love you! Feel free to post comments as much as you want!

Friday, February 21, 2014

The Great Game Plan... Again!

About three years ago, I was in a play that my mom wrote called "The Great Game Plan". Don't confuse it with "The Game Plan". No, it is a PLAY on that name (HA! Clever wordPLAY...). It has nothing to do with football. It has to do with classic board games.

You see, the story is that Teagan, a little girl, likes to play with her board games. In her dream, she is somehow "shrunk down" and is in the world of her board games with various characters like the Chutes and Ladders kids. But, the mice from the Mouse Trap game are loose but they can't capture them without the Old Man's tub! So, the search for the tub is on along with Teagan's search for what makes her feel... complete!

When I was first in "The Great Game Plan", I played Teagan. We are now doing it again, and I am going to playing Teagan's mom, the captain from the Battleship game, a cherry picker from the Hi-ho Cherry-o game and the Broker who sells insurance from Life.

Believe it or not, I am actually excited not to be the lead. With Teagan, she was basically a regular girl. There wasn't much work to put into the acting of the character. And the costume was just my normal clothes! Now, with my new characters, I can do all sorts of fun and funny things! My Mom's personality could be like this WHILE MY CAPTAIN'S PERSONALITY COULD BE LIKE THIS and the cherry picker's personality could be like this while the Broker's personality could be like this. I didn't have this much exploration to do with Teagan.

Also, it is bringing back so many good memories from the first time I did "The Great Game Plan". I loved being in it from what I can remember. It was my first actual decent part in a play and now I really love to act! I'm so glad I get to be part of a new cast performing "The Great Game Plan".

If you want to come see it, it is showing at the end of March near the beginning of April. It's a dinner theater at my school and we're raising money for our big trip! Make my memories happier by coming that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment