Welcome!

My friend and I are glad you are here! Like a picture says: If your on this then I love you! Feel free to post comments as much as you want!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Amos Fortune, Free Man

Amos Fortune, Free Man is about an african named At-mun who is forced into a long voyage to America to become a slave, and is named Amos. A Christian man happened to be walking by the slave auctions as the bidding started for Amos, and bought him. Later, he gets set free, and he tries to set other people free too, by buying them from their owners, mostly women, since he was looking for his sister who was the only memory of Africa he clinged to. He married a woman named Violet, who also had a little girl, and they went on adventures together too being a black family in this racist world. I found the quality of the book to be alright, I thought the chapters were a little long but I thought the story was interesting and I liked it. I thought Amos Fortune was a good man and a good idea to write about, and I highly recommend this book for anyone who is interested in slavery in olden times, how the black people felt, and freedom.

1 comment:

  1. Is it a true story?
    I like to read your thoughts on books!

    ReplyDelete