Welcome!

My friend and I are glad you are here! Like a picture says: If your on this then I love you! Feel free to post comments as much as you want!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Witch of Blackbird Pond

The Witch of Blackbird Pond  by Elizabeth George Speare is about a girl named Katherine, but everybody calls her Kit. She is from Barbados and her Grandfather just died, and she is going to live with her Aunt Rachel. When she gets to her Aunt's it wasn't what she had expected at all. Kit used to be rich, and have servants and very pretty dresses, but that all changed when she came there. Kit had to do work, which wasn't good because she was very impatient. What makes it all the worse is that Goodwife Cruff thinks she is a witch, and hates her. Kit always seems to do everything wrong, and one day while she was crying in the meadows, a woman named Hannah Tupper, who everyone thinks is a witch, come to comfort her. Kit soon finds out that she is just a nice old lady, and Hannah helped her through many problems.

I like this book, because it is very well written and I can imagine it in my head very clearly. I think it a very wonderful story, and if there was a sequel, I just might read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment